The North Shore Youth Safe House is a two tier, multi-component resource for youth between the ages of 13 and 18 in need of a safe bed where their immediate basic needs can be met. The upper floor of the home is a four bed 24 hour staffed resource providing short-term emergency accommodation and support services designed to return the youth to a stabilized family home or alternate living environment. The lower level of the home is a separate, two bed longer-term resource designed to provide transitional support towards independent living.
– Are you at risk of harm or abuse?
– Do you need a safe place to stay?
– Are you afraid to go home? Do you have problems at home?
– Are you couch surfing, been kicked out of home or evicted?
– Are you a parent or caregiver in need of a place to turn?
The Safe House is staffed by caring and friendly youth workers 24 hours a day, 7-days a week and utilizes an Integrated Case Management approach to provide the community supports required to meet the complex needs of high risk youth. Residents of the Safe House have access to:
– Family Support Workers, Parent-Teen Mediation and Transitional Youth Workers provided by Hollyburn Family Services under contract with the Ministry of Children and Family Development
– Drug and Alcohol Assessment provided by Vancouver Coastal Health
– On-going and after-care support of Community Youth Outreach Workers funded by the three North Shore municipalities
– Nutritious meals, a clean room and bed, baths, showers, and laundry facilities
– Referral to other required services such as medical help, mental health support, educational and vocational counselling
Individuals may self refer to the North Shore Safe House. We also accept referrals from: Family, Friends, School Counsellors, Youth Workers, Alcohol & Drug Counsellors, Social Workers, Police / RCMP, Community Nurses, Mental Health Workers, and other concerned individuals.
If you or someone you know is a North Shore youth, aged 13-18, needing a safe place to stay, call our 24-hour toll-free line at 1-877-78-YOUTH (1-877-789-6884) to speak with someone who can help.
The North Shore Youth Safe House is licensed by Vancouver Coastal Health.
13 - 18 yrs