Trans Care BC’s care coordination team helps connect people in BC to gender-affirming health and wellness supports. Based out of Vancouver, the small team includes health navigators, nurses, peers, and admin support staff. The team has access to the medical director (GP) for consultation as needed.
The team works alongside service providers and community contacts from across the province to help people find care and support as close to home as possible. Located in Vancouver, they work in collaboration with service providers and community contacts around the province.
If you are a youth, young adult or family member of youth seeking gender affirming care, the team can help you:
– Access information related to any trans health or wellness related question
– Learn about options for gender exploration and gender transition
– Access system navigation support if you’re unsure about care options and pathways
– Get connected to relevant services and care providers
– Find resources and tools that are useful for helping make spaces such as schools, sports teams and day cares more gender-affirming and gender inclusive
– Access support if you’re a parent or caregiver looking for resources or supports for you or your child/youth
10 - 24 yrs